Welcome to Horizons of the Possible.
I’m Russell Smith. I’m the pastor of historic Covenant-First Presbyterian in downtown Cincinnati. I’m also a dad, a Southerner in the Midwest, a lover of books and movies, among many other things.
I want to help you grow in your relationship with God. I do this by storytelling, encouragement, and curation of inspiration (What does that mean? See the post “Daddy, What Do You Do All Day?”)
Everything in our lives is spiritual: work, family, hobbies, finances, romance, art – everything. And therefore, just about anything can be a venue for spiritual growth. While trying to encompass everything, there are some main themes that I find I come back to again and again:
I address these themes through this blog and through my other writings (You mean there’s more? You bet – go see the Books and Other Media page).
Of course, if you’re in the Cincinnati area, I’d love for you to drop by Covenant-First and visit us for worship, 10:30 on Sundays and Noon on Wednesdays.
So sit back. Browse around. Check out these top posts from the first quarter of 2017:
- The Sermon About Immigrants I Didn’t Expect to Preach
- 3 Biblical Truths that Will Help You Grow in Self-Control
- 4 Lessons About Leader Training
- What Should You Do in Worship? Here’s 8 Actions for You
- Are You Stuck? Here’s a word of hope
And don’t miss these top posts of all time (as of April 2017)
- Note To Pastors: Postmodernism Is Dead (So Please Stop Talking About It)
- Tim Keller is NOT This Generation’s C.S. Lewis
- Tardis Theology #1 – In which the Doctor prompts us to consider Jesus’ call
- A Time To Live (Meditation on Ecclesiastes 3:1-15, part 2)
- 10 Reasons For Christians To Lend Through Kiva
I hope you feel encouraged in your spiritual growth! And before you leave, be sure to sign up for the Horizons of the Possible e-newsletter. You’ll receive a regular encouragement and inspiration in your inbox.