10 Reasons for Christians to Lend through Kiva
- Kiva provides an innovative way to fulfill the Scriptural teaching to help the poor. (Proverbs 22:9, 31:8-9, Ephesians 2:10, James 1:27, Isaiah 1:17, etc)
- Kiva works in partnership with Christian lending organizations. These Christian lenders are actively involved in evangelism and mercy in the name of Christ. (for example, Hope International)
- The founders of Kiva rooted their vision in a sense of Christian calling to help the poor (see this video of co-founder Jessica Jackley’s story).
- Kiva doesn’t provide handouts. They provide loans to hardworking members of society (see Ruth, chapter 2)
- When your loan is repaid, you have the opportunity to lend again. Thus giving you the opportunity to exponentially multiply your giving.
- When you join Kiva Christians, you make a public statement that your loans are going for the glory of Christ
- Kiva gives you the chance to directly fund a particular borrower in a particular part of the world. This helps you honor the borrower as a divine image bearer.
- Kiva has abundant social media tools, so it is easy for you to share the stories of borrowers to whom you are lending.
- Lending on Kiva is an easy project that you can share with your bible study, small group, youth group, or mission committee.
- Making a loan just feels good, and it is a lot of fun to receive the repayments and re-lend.
Ten really good reasons to join the Kiva Christians lending team right now and help us get to our goal of 35,000 members by Easter. Then pick out a few loans and start lending.
Soli Deo Gloria